Monday, May 5, 2008

To Fill Or Not To Fill, That Is The Question

I have to go out today or tomorrow and do something that I haven't done in several weeks - fill my car up with gas.

I looked in my online bank records and the last time I bought gas was posted March 17th (so the actual purchase would have been the 15th or 16th) and the cost was $50.44 to fill the tank at $3.01 per gallon. That's about 16.75 gallons.

I don't know how many miles I have gone since the odometer hasn't worked for almost 3 years. In July of 2005 Veronica and I were on Cape Cod where I had a customer who wanted quotes on two houses that were under construction. While driving from one location to another I needed to go 12.6 miles so I hit the reset button for the trip meter and it hasn't moved since. It's been stuck at 207,408 and no matter what I do, or how hard I bang it, it's stuck!

So my dilemma is, should I fill the tank or just put in a few gallons? I probably should go back and check my balance to see if I can actually afford to fill it. Good thing I'm saving money on my meds, huh?

No comments: