Thursday, August 28, 2008

Unbelievable Inspiration

I could not be more proud to be a Democrat than I am today! Watching the speeches tonight; Bill Richardson, Al Gore and then Barack Obama. The issues and thoughts I have were reflected in what they had to say!
These past 8 years have taken a lot out of me. Physically, mentally and financially I am so much worse off than before I even knew who George W Bush was. The word hope seems too trivial at this point with how I feel about the future. There is no way the democrats can lose - I don't mean that as a prediction, I mean it as a life line. There's no doubt in my mind that I will not make it through another republican administration. My spirit and soul just could not take it.
Having not been on the Barack bandwagon all along, I've had to take a long hard look at this man and it was worth my time and energy. He is just exactly what this country and this world need. Not to put too much on his shoulders, but his job is to save the world - and I mean that literally. The consequences of the past behaviors weigh heavily on his shoulders. I don't really thing there is anyone else who has the energy and the plan to do what Barack Obama has told us he will do.
I loved what he said, he was firm and specific. He didn't hesitate to let us know how he feels about the Bush/McCain agendas and how the United States can't allow them to continue.
History was made tonight. It is unbelievable that an African American has been nominated to be our next President of the United States. I admire his wife and her love for her husband! Their daughters are adorable and I look so forward to seeing them roam the hallways of the White House.

No comments: