Sunday, August 24, 2008

Somalia's Runners Provide Inspiration

Samia Yusuf Omar of Somalia reacts after a heat of the women's 200-meter during the athletics competitions in the National Stadium at the Beijing 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2008


I really enjoyed the Olympics this year. The swimming, diving and track and field especially. I watched much more of the women's beach volleyball than I ever thought I would! I noticed this runner from Somalia, but didn't know anything about her - other than the fact that she wore a tee shirt, which seemed odd and was certainly different. Today I found an article that gave much more information that I learned from the TV coverage.

This is a great story about the 2 Somalia athletes at the Olympics. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! To me, this is what the Olympics should be all about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/track_field/news?slug=cr-somalirunners082408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

No comments: