Thursday, August 28, 2008

Democratic National Convention - Day 3

Okay, so I had to watch Bill's speech. I watched it on my laptop while laying in bed and I would bet money (again, if I had any) that if he were able to run for President again, he'd get voted in no problem.

It was very rousing, most Democrats really do love him and it showed. His speech was what you would expect from someone who has been there, and as he stated; he and Jimmy Carter are the only living democrats that have been there. He compared his and Obama's preparedness to be the President and that Obama has what it takes. He said that Barack Obama is the man for the job and “Barack Obama is ready to lead America and restore American leadership in the world.”

He did pay tribute to Hillary first and then said that he along with Hillary and her 18 million supporters would now be supporting Obama.

He went pretty far with criticism against the Bush White House’s failures: falling wages, slower job growth, declining health care and pension benefits and rising poverty and income inequality.

Tomorrow (later today, rather) I will watch Joe Biden's speech and add my remarks to tomorrow's closing day ceremonies.

No comments: