Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Today


I can't turn my living room TV on!! I had Verizon Fios installed last Thursday and have been learning it ever since. The remote is huge with about 1,000 buttons on it. I've been able to do most things once the TV is on, but tonight I've had no luck turning it on. It's funny because I was able to watch TV in my bedroom because that TV is hooked up to Cox, go figure. Somehow Cox was still active here in the house, so I watch Cox (which is familiar) in one room and Fios in the other! Only in AliceWorld do things like this happen, it seems.


I have a cavity! Went to see Ron, the dentist today after 2 years and I actually have 2 cavities in the same tooth. Aaarrgghh, not what I wanted to hear, that's for sure. Then I went to visit my uncle Tom who is not feeling well. He, I and my uncle Pat watched 2 Gene Autry movies before I showed my uncle Tom how to get onto the internet on his new (and very complicated) laptop computer. I DO NOT recommend Vista to anyone who is used to XP. Way too much work and not a good improvement at all.


My car is so full of things from the apartment that there is room only for me in it. Since Emi is sleeping over Friday night, I do need to clean it out. Problem is that there's so much stuff in the new house that I really don't want to bring anything more in until I can get things better organized. I haven't even started in the kitchen yet, though Veronica was able to wash all of the cabinets out.


There are 2 pitbull mix dogs that run free in the compound that I now live in. One is Buster, who is a beautiful white boy, the other is Micky who is brown. Both of them are very scary. This morning I yelled over to Micky's owner (Mack) because I needed to speak with him before I called the dog catcher. I set him straight on dog leash laws and the fact that his dog chases joggers, bikers and anyone who drives by slowly. We had a good talk and introduced the dogs. Tonight he and his fiance Erin came over with Mona, a cute little Beagle. Shortly after getting here, Micky escaped out of the house (all by himself, I think he went through a screen.) We tried the introduction again and he did just what I had been expecting him to do, which was to attack Hannibal!! Thankfully my boy is okay, but that dog really scares me. They realize they need to do something, I just hope they do it soon. Now I'll wait to see how Buster is with Hannibal and keep a good eye on Micky. There's lots of rocks in the yard, and I think that's the route I'm gonna go for now.


Tweety bird, on the other hand, is getting along just fine here at the new place.

No comments: