Thursday, October 4, 2007

Jeff Gordon And Me


Patrick brought Hannibal a big bone the other night. Here's a picture of him enjoying it! Once he was done I threw the bone into the neighbors yard hoping that their dog would choke on it!! (gasp)

Okay, so the TV is back on! I called Chris the Verizon guy who installed all the wires last week and he said I should unplug it and plug it back in. I also asked him for the help line number. I had to move all the album boxes in the living room so that I could pull the entertainment center out to reach the plug. Once I did that I then had to call the help line so we could reconfigure the on/off buttons for the TV and the DVR so they would both turn on and off at the same time. I then thought I could catch up on Countdown but it didn't record last night, so I watched the previous night. Thank goodness for the internet, I can watch Wednesdays show on MSNBC.com.

After all that activity (moving record album boxes is hard, hard work) I decided to lay down and, of course, I fell asleep. I had the strangest dream - Jeff Gordon and I were chasing after my father who was driving the bland mustard colored Monte Carlo that he had in the late 70's. I'm not sure what my father had done, but Jeff Gordon was determined to catch him. I was the navigator because we were in Providence, which Jeff was not familiar with. We were in a car that was sort of like a Camaro or Firebird with the T-top open! So we were chasing around the city streets until I was woken by Hannibal barking at the landlord outside, so I don't know the outcome. I can't imagine my father out-driving Jeff Gordon, especially in a car that was 30 years old!

I actually started to work in the kitchen today and it's more of a mess than it was when I started. I'm not sure which cabinets should hold which stuff and I'm trying to wash everything that's been in boxes since December (or before.) I think that I didn't get the gene that most other women get because I just don't enjoy kitchen stuff at all. I've got 20 cabinets and Veronica put food in 2 of them. I put my paper china plates in another and that's it so far. I can now see half of my kitchen table and cannot wait to put my grizzly bear lamp back in it's proper place.

Tonight as I was getting ready to take my trash out to the street, the dangerous dog from next door came charging. I got Hannibal in the house and yelled so loud at the dog that the owner came out of the house to see what was going on (their house isn't really close either!) He put the dog in the house, but I carried my MagLite with me just in case and I wouldn't have hesitated using it. It's such a pain that I have to constantly scan the yards to be sure it's safe for me and (especially) Hannibal to go out. I'd much rather have the dog bite me than Hannibal for two reasons; the first being that Hannibal needs to be safe; the second is that if the dog bites me, he's dead! Simple as that. Tomorrow Emi is coming for an overnight visit so I have even more reason to be concerned. I have added the EGPD phone number in my cell phone and will not hesitate to call if necessary.

Now I have to find my sewing machine and the fabric I have to make curtains for my bedroom windows. I have put the cute little bird house fence thingies (sorry Faith and Jan) in my living room windows and I am not sure what kind of curtains to make to compliment them. I'm sure I'll figure it all out about the time I figure out where to put everything in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is not a story that makes me want to walk up your path!