Monday, October 29, 2007

Red Sox Nation



I'm really not a baseball fan. As I wrote in my America's Favorite Pastime blog (7/17) I usually say that I was a baseball fan for a couple of weeks 3 years ago. (Red Sox sweep Yankees, go on to win the World Series against some team.)

So, tonight (or actually this morning) the Red Sox won the World Series again!!! I forgot that they were playing tonight, not that I would have watched anyway, so I spent the night with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly. The movie was Rear Window. I've seen it many, many times but it's been quite awhile. It finished at midnight, and when I turned it off there was the game.

It was the bottom of the 9th, 1 out and the Sox up 4-3. So I watched more baseball than I have all year over the next few minutes. Papelbon threw a couple of crazy pitches, and then struck out the batter.

And while I'm not a fan, I'm happy that they won. I'm happy for all of my friends and family who are fans and love the game of baseball. I'm happy that the Curse of the Bambino seems to be a thing of the past. I'm especially happy that the season is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy they won because now we get our $$$$ back from Jordan's! Yipppeeeeeee!!!!

~Dawn