Saturday, October 6, 2007

If I Only Had A Brain





I picked Emilee up this afternoon for our Hannah Montana night at Clayground. She came running out of the house when I got there and the moment she saw me she burst into tears and wanted to see my dog bite! I told her that I hadn't been bitten by a dog. I think she misunderstood what I blogged about the dog next door, so after reassuring her that I was fine and that she would be safe with me and the dog wouldn't come near her we were on our way. She seemed pretty melancholy on the ride to my house, talking about family, missing her poppa (who she never met) and not knowing her other grandfather (my father.) She asked how many people were in our family, how our family began and was my father dead? I told her he wasn't dead, he just lived in Florida (which may be the same thing.)

We got to my house and figured we had about an hour before we left for dinner and then our fun at Clayground. I had pulled the notice out of my purse earlier today and it was on my desk. Emilee asked if today was October 5, right? I said yes and she read to me off the notice that it was scheduled for Friday, October 12!!!!!! I was incredulous, as I was certain it was tonight (Veronica's 18th birthday!) and I had been looking forward to "a fantabulous night of pottery painting, food and fun - Hannah Montana style, along with karaoke", which I really enjoy. Once we realized my mistake, she was pleased that "we had the night to ourselves" so we figured we'd go for dinner and then to the market for waffle syrup and gum, two essentials in auntie's house.

We went to Junction Pizzeria. It was so busy, we decided to go eat in the deli section instead of the dining room, which turned out to be a big mistake! I told the girl as I placed the order that next door was so busy we decided to eat in the deli and was surprised when our bread came to our table in a take-out styrofoam container. I told the boy who brought it that we were eating there, so we dug in and enjoyed the bread while waiting for our food to come. I had noticed a family sitting at the bar, where the TV had the Yankees game on, get the pizza that they ordered - in a box!! So the mom had to put the pizza on a nearby table and load the slices onto plates that they took back to the bar to eat. A while later the same boy comes to our table with a shopping bag with our food in it! I looked at him and said "we are eating here, not taking it to go" where he snapped back that "this was take-out." "No", I said, "It is a deli and I've had better service in a bar for crying out loud." I paid the bill, knowing I was going to complain on Monday when I hope the owner would be in. How ridiculous is it that when you are in a deli, sitting at a table drinking your drinks and you get your food "to go?" Aaaarrrgghhhh!

Quick stop for groceries, back to my house, where we ate and started to watch The Ghost Whisperer until Emi was too scared. So we watched Herbie Fully Loaded, which I thoroughly enjoyed!

She wanted to go to bed at 10 so I laid down with her until she fell asleep, now I'm watching Keith Olbermann and seeing all the signs of a liar in the coverage of GWB in his denials of torture; quickly blinking eyelids, stuttering to get the words out while his eyes are darting around. It's really hard to put into words how much I despise that man.

Tomorrow - a birthday party for Veronica where all of my nieces and nephews will be - thank goodness for them, they keep me going.

No comments: