Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dimwit's A Trial

The Dimwit had her trial yesterday and I am amazed as well as disappointed in the Judicial System. All morning I was hoping that she wouldn't return from her court date. Yet at 12:30 I saw the Idiot drive into the driveway. At first I didn't think she was in the car and I was jumping for joy (okay, on the inside.) But there she was, much to my dismay.

I checked the Court System web site this morning and found that she had changed her plea from not guilty to nolo contendere and was re-arraigned while there yesterday. Listed below are the results of the trial:

Possession SCH 1-5 controlled substance: pleaded nolo*, sentence deferred, substance abuse counselling, 100 hours of community service

Possession SCH 1-5 controlled substance: pleaded nolo*, sentence deferred, total assessments (not sure what that means?)

Possession SCH 1-5 controlled substance: dismissed

Driving with suspended license: dismissed

*Nolo Contendere: (in a criminal case) a defendant's pleading that does not admit guilt but subjects him or her to punishment as though a guilty plea had been entered, the determination of guilt remaining open in other proceedings.

I'm assuming that she is still on home confinement, according to the Corrections Dept. web site, that ends in November.

So now I get to check with the landlady to see what's going on from her end. Hopefully the eviction notice has been delivered and it's only a matter of time that she is out of here.

If not her, then me.

No comments: