Monday, September 17, 2007

On The Move...Again




















I'm back!

I've taken the last 4 nights off from blogging because I was so busy during the day that I dropped into bed almost as soon as I got home each night. So I just silly blogged instead.
Patrick moved on Thursday. I'm so glad that is behind us. It took the movers just 2 hours from start to finish. And, 24 hours after the movers left, Patrick's house looked like he'd been there forever with everything put away. It looks great.

I borrowed my uncle's pickup truck for the weekend and Pat and I moved a hutch to my mothers, her hutch to Patrick's (which I'm gonna take soon) and we got rid of some of Patrick's junk in the dumpster where I live.

Now it's my turn. I moved in December, March and now will be moving again by October 1. On one hand, the thought of moving again almost makes me want to throw up. On the other hand, I cannot wait to leave this house. It worked for what I needed and I might have decided to stay if not for the Dimwit and the Idiot upstairs. Plus this place is so crowded I actually need to move some things out just to be able to organize for the actual move. So it's time to go.

The house I'm moving to should be my home for a good long time. The rent is extremely low, it's next door to where Patrick just moved (same landlord) and it's got enough room that I might actually have to buy some furniture! Not much though, because I don't want to have to go through the purging of my entire life again anytime soon. The house is in EG, right on the NK line, just down the road from Richard's Pub which is why Patrick moved there in the first place.

The top of my list of things in a new home was to have a washer dryer hook-up. This new place has the washer and dryer to go along with it, and enough storage space for my appliances.

There's a good size bedroom, so that my bureau, vanity and my bed will have plenty of space and I'll actually be able to use the bureaus again, I've been keeping my clothes in piles around the bedroom and my underwear has been kept in a box since December! The kitchen is a small galley kitchen but it has lots of cabinets and drawers to put the silverware in! There's an adjacent dining area and a pretty good size living room.

There's a house upstairs and new people (a young couple) will be moving in October 15. The rental agent said he's a carpenter and she works in Boston. I'm pretty much figuring they can't be anywhere as annoying as the upstairs neighbors I now have. I'm hoping to talk with them soon so that we can share cable and internet service.

I'm looking for volunteers (again) for another move. I will be hiring movers so the real work will be done by them. The help I need will just be in helping me get organized and packed here and then unpacked at the new house. So don't everyone jam the phone lines calling me all at once!

2 comments:

How to cook said...

auntie i love you don't move agon ples love emilee

Anonymous said...

sorry, i've been away and just saw your blog. so on the move again! Please say some of the boxes are gone! f