Monday, September 10, 2007

Blogging Contagion




I've always considered myself to be a trend setter. I'm not sure why, but people have often picked up on one of my sayings, or what I'm doing, or what I wear or carry.

The best example that I can give you is 12th grade - high school (1973-1974.) I had decided that instead of carrying a pocket book or knapsack to school, that I would carry a lunchbox instead.

For some reason I chose a Peanuts lunchbox (and I don't even like cartoons or animation.) It actually worked out great because I was able to carry alot of things in there in addition to my lunch. (As a joke, I carried Smarties, which I called SUPER ENERGY PILLS, and I would hand them out discreetly to my friends in the corridors. Many times I got nabbed by a teacher or administrator as they thought I was dealing drugs.)

Within a few weeks there were more and more people (well, girls) carrying lunchboxes and after a while I stopped because it became so popular. So that's why I consider myself a trend setter.

As you can see from the pictures above, some of my family members have started their own blogs, because they enjoy mine so much! Now I get to enjoy theirs too.

No comments: