Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Don't See Dead People


First night in new house, I barely slept. I am so used to being up all night that it has been hard to sleep normal hours. Tonight, however, I hope to have the good night sleep on my deluxe queen size air mattress that I expected last night. My bed will be here for tomorrow night, yeah.

Patrick and I were on our way back to my apartment last night to move the TV, computer and food. I had the key to the new house in my hand and reached forward to feel if there was a ledge on the dashboard of my uncle's pickup truck, like there is in my car to put the key on. Nope. What there was was a slot that was just the right size for the key to slide down, right into the underneath part of the dash. I couldn't believe it! We loaded up the stuff and I called my new landlord on the way back to the new house. I asked if he had an extra key (yes he did) and I also asked who's stuff (and there's lots of it) in the storage basement area. He said it belonged to the woman who lived in my new house and he'd been meaning to get in there and throw it out because she died!!! Then he said that he probably shouldn't have told me that, so I think that maybe she died here in the house. I didn't put it all together until today, but there was a lot of information about doctors and there is also a ramp up to the front door, so she must have been sick while living here. She does seem to be gone though, because neither Hannibal or I have any sense of her in the house.

Patrick, however, was here after work tonight and he had quite a field day in the storage area, finding all kinds of stuff. There's a vacuum which we found to work quite well; two tall bookcases, one of which is now in my house (the landlord said feel free to take whatever you want); there's a toolbox, laundry detergent to do about 800 loads of clothes; a leaf blower; paint and stain; christmas decorations and so many other things I can't even remember what they are to list here.

Michelle and Veronica were here also. Veronica cleaned the inside of all (and there's a lot) the kitchen cabinets and put my food away. She and I had pizza for dinner and she watched Countdown with Keith Olbermann with me. She will be able to vote in the next election and as much as she abhors politics, she feels that she should be an informed voter. We then watched Ugly Betty for entertainment value only. New Verizon Fios internet and digital cable with DVR, new phone number are all in. I'm learning the new TV remote and hopefully will have it down before the year is over.

Tomorrow I head back to the apartment to throw things into boxes (literally) for the movers when they arrive at 5 or so. I cannot wait for this entire move to be over and done with.

BOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! No! there's that box word again.:) I am however VERY HAPPY to hear that Christmas was mentioned!