Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moving


I will be unplugging my computer soon and moving it to my new house, where I will be living as of tonight!! It almost seems sad to be leaving this place, it's been so enjoyable these past 3 days. My favorite part of living here has been listening to Amtrak go by all day long. The train tracks are close enough that I can hear the train even if they aren't blowing the whistle, when they do blow the whistle, I am pleased beyond belief. And while I'm not as close to the train tracks in my new place, I should be able to hear the whistle without any problem as long as they are blowing it! I'll also miss the ducks quacking in the river which is right next to the house.

The phone/cable/internet man from Verizon will be there tomorrow between 8-10 and I knew there would be no way I'd make it there so early in the am, so I decided that Patrick and I are moving the essentials tonight; TV, computer, computer desk, dishes and food. The rest of my belongings will be delivered Friday night by the movers.

On another front, I spoke to the RI state disability rep last week and she said that they recommended to Social Security that I be considered disabled (as the state has already done) and I should be hearing this week from Social Security. I'm almost afraid to check the mail, but I am hoping for the best.

So things seem to (finally) be coming together! Until I get up and running again....so long!

2 comments:

How to cook said...

hi auntie i will miss you to see that you are moving agen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are moving away from all the drama. Call me once you are settled in, I'm looking forward to chatting with you. Good luck with the move. xoxox