Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Final 100 Days

President Idiot has just 100 days left in his presidency, thank goodness. It's been a long time coming. I honestly never thought we'd see the end of the screw-ups. I mean, really, how much mischief can he really get in now.

He's already changed the entire frickin world. And not for the better.

When he took office we had a balanced budget and a surplus. Now we have a 10 trillion deficit. The national debt clock in NYC has run out of room! Let's just hope the Chinese don't call-in those loans!! I remember learning in school that it wasn't a good idea to print more money to pay off the country's debts though I don't remember why, maybe we just should do it anyway. After all, banks around the world are crashing; people have lost their homes, savings and retirement money.

The scope of the credit crisis is so vast that it will likely overshadow anything else Bush does before he leaves office on Jan. 20. I can only imagine what little laws he will change in his oh so quiet and sneaky ways.

I hate to say that I was right, but I'll say it anyway; I was right! Back in 2000 during the campaign I said he would be a bad president and I was right, though I never thought he would be THIS bad.

I lost some friends over the past 8 years, I just couldn't remain friendly with people who supported this idiot and thought he was doing a good job. It just told me that we had nothing in common, regardless of our friendship.

And while I don't think that Barack Obama is the answer to all of our problems, I think he is, at the very least, better able to deal with the mess we are in now and try to make America the country it once was, but hasn't been for so many years now.

No comments: