Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What Was I Thinking?

I just realized that I didn't blog today (yesterday, actually.) I have no idea why. I didn't even think to check the blog to see if any comments were left.

So, I'm not sure what I'll say, though I'm sure something will come to mind.

I did get up to watch the eclipse. Looking west this morning at 5:00 am I couldn't see the moon from my house. So Hannibal and I got in the car and headed down Potowomut Road where there's a little fishing spot. I did spot the moon as I drove there and thought it would be a good place to sit and watch. Wrong. The moon was so low that the trees around the river were blocking the view. So I decided to head out to Post Road where there are more buildings than trees. As I was driving I was not able to find the moon at all. Then I realized that I was looking east, where the sun was starting to rise. DUH. Once I turned and looked west I saw the moon, found a spot to park and got my camera out, just as the clouds blocked the moon from my view. I waited for about a half hour and never saw the moon again. So I went to Dunkin Donuts and got a donut and headed home, knowing there's another eclipse coming before long.

I do enjoy the lunar eclipse so much more than a solar eclipse. I remember once, years ago, when we were having a solar eclipse, I decided to go outside (I was downtown at the time) and I looked up towards the sun (which you are NOT supposed to do), my eyes starting to hurt and they continued to hurt for weeks afterwards, so I do not recommend that. It's alot safer to watch a solar eclipse on TV or use a special pair of glasses or welders glass.

Here's some upcoming dates to watch the night sky:

September 1 is the peak of the Aurigids meteor showers.
October 8 is the peak of the Draconids meteor showers.
November 18 is the peak of the Leonid meteor showers.
December 14 is the peak of the Geminid meteor showers.

I do enjoy the night sky. Maybe that's why I like to stay up late.

The rest of my day was spent sleeping (I've been exhausted lately) and working on Castle stuff.

On the day that I went to the Castle, I left a letter for the owner at the house and mailed one to him at the address of the house. The mailed one was returned to me and I haven't been by the Castle lately to see if the one I left is still there. I have no clue as to where the owner of that house is. I did check and he's not in prison, nor has he been arrested for anything. I would sure like to know what's up with him and the house though. I can't imagine another winter passing and that place still being vacant and abandoned.

I guess that's it for now. My brain can't think too much longer at this late hour.

No comments: