Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hanna - Downgraded To A...Bust

I'm so disappointed! For the past 3 days I have been waiting for this storm. The rain. The wind.

The nothing is about all we got!

The other day Jaelyn was here for the day. While we were outside sitting in my (fake) Adirondack chairs, she had (what she calls) a pop - you know the frozen flavored ice treats that come in a long clear plastic wrapper?? I forget what we used to call them. Push up pops? I swear I have early dementia or alzheimers or.... I forget.

Anyway, after she finished her pop, I took the wrapper and laid it on the arm rest of one of the Adirondack chairs and I forgot to bring it in to throw away. It's still there!!! That's how NOT windy it is here with Hanna (no 2nd h.)

The air conditioner is still going so if it does get windy, I'll never know it in my cool, dark bedroom. In the light of the day I'll check to see if the wrapper has blown off the arm.

Then, and only then, will I actually confirm a storm.

No comments: