Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gilmour Says No Pink Floyd Reunion

When did David Gilmour get so old, anyway?

I have been to a lot of concerts over the years! A lot! I've seen Ozzy and Dylan a couple of times each; Eric Clapton, Springsteen and Elton John more times than I can count. Frampton, just when he was coming alive; Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa, Beach Boys, Pete Townshend (disappointing,) John Entwistle (loud!) Rolling Stones, Leon Russell, a bunch of country artists and some other rocker that I can't think of right now. Aaarrgghh!

There are some groups that I always wanted to see, but know I will never will; The Beatles, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and now I can add Pink Floyd to that list.
David Gilmour, guitarist extraordinaire, says he has been there, done that, and been there, done that again.

After all, he and Roger Waters have only played once together since 1985 when Roger Waters had a major hissy fit and left the band. That was at Live 8 in 2005 where they played 4 classic Floyd songs; Breathe, Wish You Were Here, Money and (my personal favourite) Comfortably Numb. Is there anybody out there...? Just nod if you hear me.

“There have been all sorts of farewell moments in people’s lives and careers which they have then rescinded, but I think I can fairly categorically say that there won’t be a tour or an album again that I take part in,” said Gilmour.

Maybe he doesn't really mean it!!

No comments: