Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday Rosie O'Donnell

Rosie O'Donnell turned 46 yesterday! (I thought today, Saturday, was the 21st)

I really like and admire Rosie - she is a wife, mother, artist, writer, comic, actress and an advocate for disadvantaged children.

I first noticed her and her comedy when she was the host of VH1's Standup Spotlight back in the 80's. And I've enjoyed her ever since. She makes me laugh and when she had her own show, she was a fan, just like all of us, of the stars she was lucky enough to meet; Barbra Streisand, Elton John and, of course, her Tommy among others. She brought her friends and family along for the ride and they got to meet people they admired also. And, as her fans, we got a peek into that world.

Thankfully she has a blog - rosie.com - where we can still get a glimpse into her life. It's always fun to read her answers to questions asked of her in the Ask Ro section. She ocassionally posts videos of what she's doing, who she's with and pictures of her kids.

She and I agree on most things; politics and human rights especially, and while I don't always agree with everything I admire that she always knows the facts before she voices her opinions and she makes me think about her point of view.

She calls those of us who know her but haven't met her stranger friends. I think that if we ever got the chance to meet, we'd become real friends.

No comments: