Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Volvo Nightmare

This morning, as Veronica was leaving for work, a guy in a pick-up truck with a trailer attached (junk car on trailer) asked Veronica if we were interested in getting the Volvo towed away as junk!!! She said no, thank goodness, but can you imagine somebody thinks my old car is junk?! It must look different to others than it does to me, because I still see it as a great car. I love my car today as much as the day I drove it out of the showroom doors. Sure it’s a little beat up, but I haven’t had a car payment in 10 years and the most I put into it is about $1,000 each year! Seems like a bargain to me and since I know the history of the car, I’m pretty sure I know it’s limitations (if any.)

After she left, I tried to get on line, but there was no internet service. I had put my scanner on earlier when I saw a fire truck go by so I knew there was a bad accident, but I had no idea that the internet service would be affected. (Also, no TV or telephone!)

So I decided to go back to bed. In my dream a little while later, I discovered that my father had sold my Volvo to some girl for $200!! I was riding around with her, sitting in the back seat. She was driving and I was telling her the history, but she wasn’t paying attention and was pushing buttons and she had changed the radio stations!! I was so mad. Mad at my father for selling my car in the first place, and mad at the girl who obviously didn’t know what a special car it was. And $200 seemed like an insult, too!

Anyway, I woke up and thank goodness my Volvo was right there in the driveway, safe and sound!

No comments: