Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trouble

Trouble is gone.
The upside down word has left
But everything is still out of focus.

How long before trouble returns?
Will my greens be green again
Or still yellow and blue?

Trouble can build anything,
Taking a piece of wood and
Making a cabinet, a table, a shelf.

Trouble has a heart that
Doesn’t always work,
But trouble doesn’t know how
To ask for help to fix it.

Trouble is gone.

I wrote this poem about Dennis about 6 or 7 years ago while taking a writing class at Brown. Needless to say, Dennis never stays gone. But last February(07) I put my foot down and banished him forever. This morning I get a call; how are you doing? Blah, blah, blah. He knows where I live, knows Patrick lives next to me! I told him to beep as he drives by, don't bother stopping.

This evening I was getting out of the car to go into the market, and my phone rang - guess who calling back. I let it ring.

His message was that he bought scratch tickets (no surprise) but today he won a grand, I must bring him luck.

Trouble needs to stay gone.

No comments: