Monday, June 23, 2008

Drive Safely

The year was 1994 - June 23rd to be exact.

That day was one of the best days for me, because I drove my brand new 1994 Volvo 850 out of the Auto Show showroom! Getting a Volvo was something that I had dreamed of for years and I doubted if I could ever afford a new one. But thanks to Mr. Cooper and my living arrangement at the time, I was able to afford my dream car.

How I loved the smell of the leather seats, the little wiper blades on the headlights and the heated seats.

And all these years later I still love my car. It's a little (ok, a lot) worse for wear, but it has served me quite well for these past 14 years. The leather is worn and split in places and it certainly doesn't have that "new" car smell anymore. As for the headlight wipers, well, there's just one left as the drivers side headlight is covered with clear tape after Veronica's little bump into the back of a Jeep last year. The heated seats still work just fine, though, and I hope they are the last to go.

So other than some maintenance of oil, anti-freeze and other liquids and an occasional visit to the repair shop for brakes and tires, it's still a very dependable car.

I just hope it lasts another 14 years!

No comments: