Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Superbowl Shocker

When the NE Patriots won the Superbowl a few years ago, my brother Jack and I looked at each other in disbelief and shock. We didn't think it could possibly happen. Tonight, I feel the same way, shock and disbelief that the NE Patriots lost.

Somehow they just didn't get their rhythm going tonight. And the Giants did. The Patriots have nothing to hang their heads about - they had an unbelieveable year and 18-1 is something to be proud of, that's for sure. Though I wonder if it's cuz Gisele was there!

The show opened with many athletes and others reading the Declaration of Independence, which I was much impressed by and enjoyed thoroughly. Jordin Sparks did a great job singing our national anthem and it was great to see the "handsomest man in football" and the "most adorable man in football" on the field together.

I thought the commercials were pretty good, especially the Diet Pepsi Max with Chris Kattan and the one with JustinTimberlake. Loved, loved, loved the Fed Ex commercial with the pigeons, that made me laugh out loud! The ugly girl with the cashew perfume was pretty good too. And I love the fact that Charles Barkley can laugh at himself.

It was a good game, and just didn't have the finish that I was hoping for and expecting. I'm gonna blame this on GWB also!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! The GWB comment was a riot. Poor Joe wouldnt talk for like 10 minutes after the game was over...