Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Random Thoughts And Rants


Super Tuesday??? Even the excitement of primary elections across the country isn't quite enough to erase the disappointment of the Patriots Super Bowl loss. Whenever I am reminded of it; whether it's the TV, internet or my own muddled brain I feel bad all over again.

I wonder how Tom Brady is feeling; though now that he's decided, along with Randy Moss, to skip the Pro Bowl, I gotta figure he's not in a really great place. I sure hope he and Randy Moss aren't sore losers. Tom Brady always seemed better than that.

As for the Super Tuesday coverage, the networks seem to be more concerned with commercial interruptions than anything. MSNBC, which I always watch, has had so many breaks that I've actually started watching Katie Couric. It's interesting that so far John McCain is winning blue states tonight - if he's the Republican candidate, he should be easy to beat in these states come November. I think Romney's fizzling out and will drop out before long. Is it just me or have you noticed that Willard "Mitt" Romney is working on a Paulie Walnuts hairstyle?

I wonder how the Super Tuesday outcome will be for the Democrats. Obama and Clinton have split most of the states so far. I like Obama, he seems like a very nice man. For some reason, and I don't know why, he makes me nervous - there's just something about him that makes me question how good he would be as President. Though, I guess, anybody is better than who we have now. Cripes, even I could do better than that idiot.

I wonder if these candidates realize that we are going to hold them to their promises when whoever gets elected. Pelosi has been such a disappointment, she may be beaten by Cindy Sheehan, she's been so ineffective. We need to demand the end of the Iraq war, health insurance, immigration reform and improve the economy, especially the cost of gas and oil.

I wish the RI primary was today - we have a full month to wait, which seems such a long time right now. There was a lottery held the other day to determine the order of candidates on the RI ballot. I'm happy that John Edwards name will be on ballot, I am still planning on voting for him. One of the the sad things (among many) about living in Rhode Island - our votes for president never really matter. With just 4 delegates, nobody ever comes here to campaign.
Tomorrow, February 6th is my younger sister's 50th birthday, which makes me feel older than I already do. I'm going to take her and JaeMae out to lunch to celebrate. It's also the 30th!! anniversary of The Blizzard of '78, which I hope to blog about tomorrow.

No comments: