Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The New Place

Though I'm still not sure where all my furniture is going to go, I am pretty much settled in at my new home. I really love it here.

I've changed the living room around a couple of times, but am still not happy with it. I can't decide what to do with the table - it's under a picture window now, but the floor is so crooked that anything round rolls right off - and standing across the room, you can tell the table isn't straight.

I've thought about putting the table in the kitchen, it would fit, but then the hutch (which is in the kitchen) would need to be moved out and I'm not sure where it would go.

My bedroom furniture has been moved around a couple of times. Veronica has my bureau, she has so many clothes that I had to give it to her so she could put some away and out of sight. I don't really need a bureau because the double closet that is in my bedroom now has shelves in half of it for me to put my clothes. Dennis did a great job on the shelves and the new double doors that replaced the very ugly pegboard sliders that were there previously.

One of the first things that we did was put up a clothesline. There were two of the little pulley thingys, one attached to the deck and the other attached to a tree about 30 feet away. Matthew and Emilee were here the day we put the clothesline up and were absolutely fascinated by it. I showed them how it works and we hung my pajama top on it so they could see. They couldn't believe how great it was and when Chelsea and Emilee were over a few days ago, Chelsea felt the same way and she and Emi made a big sign out of printer paper that said "Beware of Hannibal" and hung it on the clothesline. It stayed there for 3 days until I took it in and hung it on the wall as you walk into my kitchen. I explained to the kids that we only had clotheslines until clothes dryers were invented and they can't believe how "lucky" we were.

It reminded me of the time that I popped popcorn in a pan for Vanessa and Veronica years ago, they thought it was so cool and, again, I explained that this method predated microwave popcorn!

Thank goodness my nieces and nephews have me to show them the old school ways of doing things!!

No comments: