Wednesday, April 9, 2008

When Poopie Turds Escape

I was lucky enough to have JaeMae visit for a few hours today.

Michelle dropped her off a little after 11:30 and Vanessa came about 4:00 to pick her up.

In the meantime, we had a lot of fun together though it didn't start off that way. She did poopies in her diaper just before Michelle left. When I told JaeMae that I was going to change her, she was not a happy kid. She went into the corner and started to cry as if I was getting ready to torture her!

Once I calmed her down, I laid her on the couch and began the process of taking all those layers off. First her shoes, because her pants need to come completely off as I am not the neatest of diaper changers. Then unsnap the onesy (is that how you spell it??) and finally get to the diaper.

As I un-velcroed the diaper I peeked in and she had a diaper full of turds!! As I was moving the diaper a couple of the turds fell onto the floor (aaarrgghh) and I figured I'd pick them up after I put the new, clean diaper on.

One of the turds, a marble sized one, had rolled over the floor to the corner of the coffee table. As I was leaning down to pick them up, Hannibal came over and schllluppp, it was gone!!! He didn't even chew, just swallowed it!!!!

I started laughing so hard that JaeMae joined in, even though I don't think she had a clue as to what had just happened.

After that, we had lunch, took a nap and had just put Hannibal outside when Vanessa showed up. I told her what had happened and she got a good laugh out of it as well.

Needless to say, neither JaeMae or I got any doggie kisses from Hannibal for the rest of the day, as much as he tried!

No comments: