Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Spring Outside

Today is the first day I've been out and about in about 2 weeks. It was so nice to see the daffodils and the forsythia blooming in my neighborhood. I can't believe I missed so much. I did some raking and found something growing by the front steps that was underneath about 6 inches of wet leaves. I'll have to wait to see what it is.

I drove by the store at the top of my street and they have gas for $3.47 a gallon!! Other places as I drove around were $3.39 or $3.41. I even went by the gas station in Providence that I always went to because of their lower prices and they were $3.39. It's a crime, and I mean that literally. There is NO real reason for the price of gas to be so high other than the greedy oil companies.

I filled up the gas tank in my car a few weeks ago when the price was $3.01 and I thought that was a rip-off. I'm pretty grateful that I don't drive like I used to when I was working. I used to fill up a couple of times a week and don't think I could afford that even if I was still employed.

On a positive note, I have been almost pain free for 6 days now. I don't exactly know why or what changed, but I haven't hurt nearly at all!! I waited for today - day 6 - to go out and do things because I figured the pain would be back by now, but so far, knock on wood, I've been able to have a good, productive day without collapsing. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that the pain stays away.

No comments: