Sunday, January 18, 2009

Looking Back

On that Wednesday night back in December of 2000, I sobbed as Al Gore gave the speech of his life - his concession after the Supreme Court stole the election from him. And, I'm sad to admit, my life and health took a downward turn that continued these past 8 years. Depression, weight gain, arthritis, insomnia among many other ailments. The past 8 years have been hell for me and so many others who love this country and felt the assault on their bodies and minds as President Idiot (as I call him) and his cronies turned our country into a worse mess than even I imagined.

We have been assaulted. My heart is broken over and over each time I hear of a service man or woman dying in Iraq, where they should never have been sent.

When I think of the attack of 9/11, as awful as it was, the repeated attacks by the Bush administration have been much worse. I knew that Barack Obama would be elected, and I knew I would be emotional. However, I was completely unprepared for my reaction when the announcement was made. I burst into tears and couldn't stop for almost an hour, that's how profound the relief was for me.

I hope this country and it's citizens NEVER have to go through anything close to this again and I pray that Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld are charged with crimes against humanity.

No comments: