Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day Wrap-Up

I've spent the better part of the last 2 hours wiping tears from my eyes. Hey, I knew an Obama win would be emotional for me, but I didn't actually realize just how much.

Watching the Obama family and then the Biden family come out made my heart fill with pride and hope.

Technology is crazy. As I was blogging during Obama's victory speech, I was able to get a picture of him giving the speech off the web to add to my blog. That's crazy, man!

The coverage on NBC and MSNBC was pretty good - but without Tim Russert, it just wasn't the same. I truly missed his wisdom, experience and humor. He would have loved tonight and with his love of history, we would have heard some stories, for sure.

I'm not an alcohol drinking person, but I did raise my water bottle to the memory of Tim Russert tonight. I'm sure I wasn't the only person missing him.

I'm tired, but not sure if I can sleep.

No comments: